Investigational Support Analyst
Location: Ottawa, ON
Salary: $45,863 to $47,260 per annum (SPS-ADM-02)
Closing Date: April 8, 2005 Useful Information
Reference Number: 3-04-44-058
Anticipatory staffing for a permanent position.
The position is located within the following governmental organization: Royal Canadian Mounted Police (Civilian Staff)
Who Can Apply
Persons residing or employed in Eastern Ontario or Western Quebec, who have a home or business postal code beginning with: J0V to J0X, J8G, J8H, J8L to J8Z, J9A to J9L, K0A to K0K, K1 to K8 and K9A.
Preference will be given to Canadian citizens. Please indicate in your application the reason for which you are entitled to work in Canada: Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
Successful completion of a recognized post-secondary program of two years or more in criminology, police studies, social sciences, or another field relevant to the position.
Several years of experience researching, analyzing and preparing reports.
Several years of experience in information management ie. working with automated systems and a variety of operational software including Windows, WordPerfect, Microsoft Word, Adobe and Internet.
- providing operational support to the regular members of the Interpol operations unit;
- researching and analyzing information and intelligence from a multitude of information systems;
- receiving, evaluating and responding to requests for international assistance from member countries of Interpol and from police services and partner agencies across Canada.
Additional Requirements / Comments
An eligibility list may be established for the staffing of similar vacancies.
Security clearance: Secret - this factor is not used at the preselection stage.
The Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) is responsible for the security clearance process.
- Demonstrated decision making skills.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills with ability to work alone or in a team.
- Demonstrated time management skills and knowledge of office procedures.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible shifts (24 hours a day, 7 days a week).
- Preference may be given to candidates who speak Spanish in addition to both official languages.
Your resume must clearly demonstrate that you meet all the requirements.
We thank all those who apply.
Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled,
diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society.
As a result, it promotes employment equity and encourages candidates
to indicate voluntarily on their application if they are a woman,
an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or
a member of a visible minority group.
The Public Service of Canada is committed to developing inclusive,
barrier-free selection processes and work environments.
If contacted in relation to a job opportunity or testing,
you should advise the Public Service Commission
or the departmental official in a timely fashion of the accommodation
measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed
in a fair and equitable manner.
Information received relating to accommodation measures
will be addressed confidentially.
Royal Canadian Mounted Police
Career Development and Resourcing
Attention: Suzanne Lambert
295 Coventry Road, room 1-D01
Ottawa, ON, K1A 0R2
Fax: (613) 993-2404 or