RCMP Criminal Intelligence Analyst
Location: London, ON
Salary: $61,312 to $66,287 per annum
Closing Date: November 29, 2004 Useful Information
Reference Number: 2004-168ST
Permanent full time.
The position is located within the following governmental organization: Royal Canadian Mounted Police (Civilian Staff)
Who Can Apply
Persons residing or employed in London, Ontario or within a 200 kilometer radius of London.
The distance between your residence or your work location and the position location will be determined using data provided by the Natural Resources Canada, Geomatics Canada's website. For information on how to use this website please click here.
Preference will be given to Canadian citizens. Please indicate in your application the reason for which you are entitled to work in Canada: Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
A bachelor's degree from a recognized university.
Several years of experience in researching, writing, analyzing, and editing documents.
Some experience in a publishing, research or analytical environment.
Some experience in working with computers and word processing software such as WordPerfect.
The position is responsible for:
1. collecting, researching, evaluating and analyzing intelligence information to identify criminal trends and patterns and to develop analytical intelligence products;
2. preparing reports identifying or illustrating criminal group/individual associations and criminal trends;
3. providing expert advice on complex issues, assessing intelligence and providing tactical and strategic analysis focused on local, provincial, national, and international criminal activities;
4. establishing a network of internal and external sources and contacts in identifying criminal trends and conducting intelligence analysis; and
5. participating in presentations, lectures and seminars as an expert resource and attending conferences and training courses.
Additional Requirements / Comments
As a pre-requisite, candidates must successfully complete a practical examination. Each candidate will complete a practical examination consisting of:
A. WRITTEN EXAM:
Candidates will be provided with information from a fictitious investigative file and will be asked to write a short report on the investigation's main points, while at the same time reaching some analytical conclusions.
Reports will be evaluated based on the following criteria: content, accuracy, summary, conclusions, structure, clarity and conciseness, grammar, spelling and syntax, writing style.
Candidates will be given access to a computer and will have a predetermined amount of time in which to complete the exercise.
B. ORAL PRESENTATION:
The findings and analytical conclusions will then be presented in an oral briefing to the selection committee. Oral presentation will be evaluated on communication proficiency, structure of presentation and clarity.
C. STRUCTURED INTERVIEW:
Candidates will be asked a series of general and job related questions.
1. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally in writing.
2. Effective interpersonal skills.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: The selected candidate must successfully receive a Top Secret Security Clearance.
It will be the candidates expense to attend the interview.
Your resume must clearly demonstrate that you meet all the requirements.
We thank all those who apply.
Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled,
diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society.
As a result, it promotes employment equity and encourages candidates
to indicate voluntarily on their application if they are a woman,
an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or
a member of a visible minority group.
The Public Service of Canada is committed to developing inclusive,
barrier-free selection processes and work environments.
If contacted regarding this competition,
please advise the departmental official of the accommodation
measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed
in a fair and equitable manner.
Royal Canadian Mounted Police
P.O. Box 3240
Attention: Recruiting Section